Information about MRC eMedlab project is available here
Application form and guidelines
- Application form (v2.3)
- MRC eMedLab Resource Allocation and Project Proposal Guidelines (v1.0 23-Nov-2015)
Project application process
- Read the guidelines and fill the form above:
- Do seek your institutional eMedLab facilitator for help with this (listed at the bottom of the page for each institution). They can answer any questions you have, provide advice, and manage the whole process for you and minimise your effort.
- Note that if you don't have a Systems Administrator (PSA) readily available to work with you on your project, your institution can provide you with one - please find the list of facilitators and PSAs at the bottom of the page.
- The Facilitator will then submit the form to the Resource Allocation Committee (see Link to Governance for more info). Alternatively, contact rac (at) emedlab.ac.uk to submit your form.
- Your request will be reviewed by the RAC and the eMedLab Ops Team who may come back to you for more information. If all is well, the ops team will provide you with next steps to access the system.
- You will be given access to:
- a wiki area for your project on https://wiki.emedlab.ac.uk. The wiki area can be use for your team's internal communications and as a knowledge base.
- access to the 'User' wiki containing further information that is relevant to all project groups across eMedLab.
- access to eMedLab VPN and OpenStack - your project systems administrator should then be able to set your project infrastructure and applications therein.
- full administrative rights within your VMs
Institutional facilitators can provide you guidance and suggestions on setting up and configuring your VM. Your group's project administrator will deal with day-to-day operations of your VM.
Where to go for help regarding your eMedLab accounts and project configuration
Your project will be configured to your requirements at the beginning, including user accounts within OpenStack. If there are changes to these, please first get in touch with your institution facilitators. Your institution facilitators will be able to assist you e.g. suggestions on configuration.
Your institution facilitators will contact the Ops Team for requests and incidents that require their attention, and will keep you informed on progress.
Federated Institutional Support
eMedLab Facilitator (institutional support)
|Provides information to users about access, documentation, and support|
|eMedLab Project Systems Administrator (PSA) (institutional support)|
Provides setup and researcher/user support
|eMedLab Core operations team (sourced from partners)|
PSA support and training
Bruno Silva (Service Manager)
Stefan Boeing (Data Manager)
Recent space activity